logos & BRANDING
how do i work with you on my branding project?
- Visit the Branding page and decide which package is suitable for you.
- Get in touch via the Contact page to discuss your project and check my availability.
- I require a 50% non-refundable deposit up-front to book your project. The remaining 50% is due on approval of the finished designs, before I send out your final files.
- Once the deposit has been paid and your project is all booked in, I'll send over your Brand Discovery Questionnaire. You'll need to have this completed in time for the start of your project or this could cause a delay.
Can I have something slightly different to the packages shown on the branding page?
Yes! I can offer a bespoke package to suit your requirements and budget, just get in touch to let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.
how long will the design process take?
Timescales will vary depending on my availability but the Daisy & Dahlia packages should take around 4 weeks, whilst the Peony package will take longer and depend on the requirements for your website.
Please get in touch to check my availability and get a more accurate timescale for your project.
What files will I receive at the end of the project?
At the end of the project you'll receive a zipped file containing your Brand Style Guide and all the necessary files for your new branding. This includes small, medium and large sizes, in both PNG and PDF format, as well as original Vector files so that you can resize the designs if needed. If you require any additional sizes or formats, these can be provided on request. You'll also receive a File Guide document which explains where to use each file type.
Any print files (business cards, stationery etc.) will provided as print ready PDFs based on the requirements of your chosen printers (you'll need to provide their name & website so I can get their templates)
What's in the Brand Style Guide?
You can see an example of a Brand Style Guide here.
The guide contains all the information you need to keep your new branding looking its best across your business. This includes advice on where to use each font, where to place your logo, what colours to use, how to use the graphics etc.
How many designs will I receive?
At the start of the project you will see a selection of at least 5 sketches of initial logo ideas, and choose 2 or 3 of those for me to develop in to a full logo concept. Once you've chosen your logo concept I will then create the rest of your branding elements to match.
You will only be given the final files and Brand Style Guide for one Logo & Branding concept.
What if I don't like the design?
I work very closely with you throughout the project, checking for your approval and asking your opinion at every stage of the design process. So you have the opportunity from the very beginning to let me know if we're headed in the wrong direction or you're not happy with the design. For this reason, I do not offer refunds on Branding projects.
You can also read through my testimonials from past clients to see how other people have experienced working with me.
How is the design created?
I use a variety of methods for my design. All projects start out as doodles and sketches in a notebook. Depending on the project I will then either make a start on some illustrations, or go straight in to Adobe Illustrator to work digitally. All final files and designs are created in Illustrator using my Wacom tablet.
Can I request a specific font for my project?
If you have a specific font in mind for your branding, let me know at the start of the project and we'll see if its a good fit for the rest of the design. If I don't already own the font then the cost will be added to your final invoice.
Can you help with the printing of my Business cards and stationery?
Yes! Printing costs are not included in any of the packages, but I can arrange printing for you at an additional cost. I can obtain printing quotes on your behalf, advise on which paper stocks to use, set up the files for print, and handle any issues with the print process for you. This service costs £35, plus the actual printing costs.
Can you update my existing logo for me?
Unfortunately I am not able to alter any designs created by yourself or another designer.
What website platforms do you work with?
I currently work with the following platforms:
Can you create a Wordpress site for me?
I work with several website developers who can create a Wordpress site for you based on my design, however this will incur additional costs. Please get in touch to discuss and get a quote.
What's included in the Full Website Re-design?
-A Full Website Re-Design includes the creation and design of up to 6 pages. These can include a Home page, About Page, Blog, Contact Form, Gallery Pages and a Newsletter Sign-Up.
- Additional pages are £50 each.
-Hosting and domains are not included. You can set this up yourself or I can do this for you for an additional fee.
- E-commerce (online store) is not included. This is an optional extra starting at £200 depending on the quantity of products you require.
- Content writing is not included. You will either need to write the content yourself, or hire a Copywriter to do so for you (I can recommend some great ones!).
- SEO services are not included (again, I can provide recommendations for some lovely people who can do this for you).
HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER FOR WEDDING STATIONERY?
- Have a browse through the collections and products available and choose your favourite design. If you can't find a product you require in your chosen design, please get in touch for a quote.
- Add all your required products to the cart (paying attention to minimum order requirements)
- Within 3 working days you will receive a form for you to fill in with all of your customisation options.
- If you have any questions during the process please feel free to get in touch at any stage.
CAN I ORDER A SAMPLE?
Yes! Sample packs contain a selection of stationery items to demonstrate the feel and quality of the paper. They contain a mixture of designs and are not personalised.
Packs cost £2.50 each (plus P&P) which is refunded to you if you later choose to order your stationery from me.
HOW CAN I CUSTOMISE MY STATIONERY?
-All of the colours can be changed free of charge, and all wording will be replaced with your own (providing it fits within the layout of the design)
- Any additional changes to the design or layout will incur additional charges, starting at £25.
CAN I CHANGE THE ENVELOPES WITH MY STATIONERY?
Yes! You can choose from either brown kraft or white laid envelopes, included in the price of your stationery. Many other colours are also available at an additional charge, starting at 25p per envelope.
CAN I HAVE A BESPOKE DESIGN?
CAN I MAKE CHAGES AFTER I RECEIVE MY PROOFS?
- As mentioned above, if you are ordering from the existing Collections, changes can only be made free of charge to the colour palettes and wording (and of course any spelling mistakes or errors).
- For Bespoke designs, I understand that it can take a little while to get everything just right, so you are free to come back to me with some changes, and I will send you another PDF proof with your requested amendments.
- To ensure your design is made perfect for you as quickly as possible, try to make sure you take the time to look very closely at the PDF proof at each stage and send over any changes all at once.
WHAT SHOULD I CHECK FOR ON MY PROOFS?
When you receive the proofs of your design, please make sure you check the following:
- Spelling & punctuation
- Correct date, time and venue
- Layout and colour palette
CAN I MAKE CHANGES AFTER I APPROVE MY PROOFS?
Unfortunately not, no changes can be made once the design has been approved and sent to print.
HOW LONG DOES IT ALL TAKE?
- Ready made products such as greeting cards, photo props etc. will be dispatched within 3 working days by First Class post.
- Wedding stationery from the existing collections take up to 2 weeks to be personalised, and a further 2 weeks from the date approval to be printed. Please allow 4-6 weeks in total.
- For Bespoke stationery please allow 6-8 weeks for the whole process.
HOW MANY INVITATIONS DO I NEED TO ORDER?
Remember to order 1 invitation per household, rather than per guest! It is also recommended that you order a few extras just in case, and at least one to keep as a little memento or to include in your wedding album. Please remember that a minimum order quantity applies, so an additional print run fee will be applied if you need to order any additional products below these minimums at a later date.
WHEN SHOULD I ORDER MY STATIONERY?
- Save the Dates should be sent out as early as possible once you have your date and venue set.
- Invitations should be sent at least 2 months before the big day (earlier if possible, to allow plenty of time to get those RSVPs back!), so allowing for the 4-6 week turnaround time, I recommend ordering around 3-4 months before the wedding.
- On the Day stationery (such as table numbers, table plans etc) should be ordered around 6-8 weeks before the big day.
OOPS! I'VE LEFT IT TOO LATE, DO YOU DO RUSH ORDERS?
This will incur an additional rush fee, and will depend on my current schedule. Please get in touch with as much information as possible on what you require, and I will get back to you on whether or not I can help.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
I do not accept any returns or offer refunds, except in the case of damaged or defected items. Please get in touch as quickly as possible if you have any issues with your order when it arrives.